Saikh Md. Sabah Al-Ahmed is a young poet, lyricist and columnist from Assam. He is a recipient of the Reuel International Prize for Poetry (2019) for Best Upcoming Poet from North East India. He was also awarded the ‘Certificate of Excellence’ by the United Nations Association (UNA) – Assam for his ‘outstanding literary achievements in the field of poetry and journalism’. His debut poetry collection Tranquil Musings (Wordsmith, 2010) was reviewed by Jnanpith awardee (late) Dr. Mamoni Raisom Goswami and released by legendary (former) BBC journalist Sir Mark Tully at the Asia International Literary Festival in 2010. His poems have been translated into Italian by Giorgio Moio in Frequenze Poetiche, an Italian magazine published from the city of Naples. Keki Daruwala, one of India’s legendary poets applauds him as “A young poet with promise.” His poems have come out in Indian Literature (Sahitya Akademi), Kritya, Frequenze Poetiche (Italy), Asian Times (Canada), The Alipore Post, The Telegraph, The Assam Tribune, The Sentinel, etc. He presently teaches English and Social Sciences at his alma mater – Don Bosco School, Guwahati, as well as Creative Writing and Poetry at Cotton University as a guest faculty. His popular poetry blog poetsabah.com is a storehouse of his elegant verses.
1) Freelance Journalist, The Assam Tribune: (since September 13, 1997)
2) News Coordinator & News Anchor, English News Desk, North East Television (NETV) (2005-2006)
3) Sub-Editor, Editorial Page, The Sentinel (2007)
4) Columnist, The Assam Tribune: (since April, 2013)
Literary Festivals/Poetry Festivals:
1) Asia International Literary Festival, Guwahati, December 3-5, 2010.
2) All India Young Writers’ Meet (Sahitya Akademi), Guwahati, December 29-30, 2018.
3) Brahmaputra Literary Festival (BLF), Guwahati, February 9-11, 2019.
4) Apeejay Kolkata Literature Festival (AKLF), Kolkata, January 17-20, 2020.
5) Mystic Kalinga Festival, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, February 8-9, 2020.